Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Target Makeup Spring 2011


Lucky me ... and now lucky you for getting the lowdown on affordable cosmetics from Target that deliver professional payoff!

I was sent a sampler of some of Target's Spring 2011 makeup from Napoleon Perdis, Jemma Kidd and Pixi.

I am going to post several looks created with these pieces.

Today I was inspired by the prospect of summer that comes with Spring! So, I chose bronzy shades mixed with a bright lip that is right on color trend for Spring.

I started with NP Set "It Takes Two" Concealer and Foundation pot in Medium. This genius product packages a creamy, sheer to medium coverage concealer on top of a whipped foundation. I applied the concealer with a natural hair brush under my eyes, around the nose and chin. The foundation has a spatula that dispenses the perfect amount of product. I used my fingers to blend it seamlessly into my skin. It absorbed quickly and set to a natural finish. (http://www.target.com/NP-Set-Beauty/b?ie=UTF8&node=699028011)

I then contoured and bronzed my face using JK Jemma Kidd In Vogue Perfect Blush in South Beach. Comprised of several shades packaged together in one block, you can use the colors separately, or blend them together. I used a contour brush to blend the palette and then applied under the cheekbones, along the jaw and hairline and on the temples. The blush is matte and gives an excellent color payoff that easily blends to melt into the skin. (http://www.target.com/JK-Jemma-Kidd-Beauty/b?ie=UTF8&node=699030011)

I filled in my brows and then moved to the eye.

As a base, I used JK Jemma Kidd Glitterati Shadow Dust Duo in Papparazi. I applied the liquid shadow first to the entire lid up through the crease; a silky liquid shadow with sponge applicator tip. I then rolled the glitter dust straight from the roller ball on top of the liquid and blended upward with a flat, stiff brush. The glitter is super fine, so it has a sophistocated, very JLO shimmery eye, quality look to it.

I then popped open the Pixi Week of Makeup Makeup Palette. This is a must have for anyone looking to update their makeup palette, a makeup junkie who travels a ton or a gal just starting out. It has eyeshadows, blushes and lip colors, packaged in one case organized by day. The shades are coordinated by day to take all the guesswork out! Since it was Monday when I did this look, I used the Monday eyeshadows to highlight under my browbone and contour my crease. The shadows are highly pigmented, smooth and shimmery. (http://www.target.com/Pixi-Beauty/b?ie=UTF8&node=699029011)

I finished the eye with black liquid liner and and mascara.

Using the same Monday colors from the Pixi palette, I brushed the shimmery blush onto the apples of my cheeks and blended into the bronzer.

For the lip, I used the bright coral Pixi Succulent Lip Twin in Coral Cammellia. A silky, moisturizing product, the Lip Twin is comprised of 100% natural lip balm in the tube and lipstick bullet in the cap! I used the lipstick bullet first to load on the nourishing color and then swiped the balm on top.

I couldn't help but top it all of with a bit of the Monday gloss from the Pixi Wakeup Makeup Palette.

The result ... a glowing, bronzy, shimmery look with a bright lip that pops!

YAY! Spring is here!

The complements poured in on the day I rocked this look.

Learn more and purchase all products at Target or online at: http://target.com

No comments:

Post a Comment