Friday, January 15, 2010

YAS Venice, CA


Fitness fiends - I have found mecca.

I was so extremely lucky to be able to take two classes this morning at YAS (Yoga and Spin) in Venice, CA.

Located on the very hip, Abbot Kinney Blvd, YAS is a concept, boutique fitness studio created by Kimberly Fowler.

Clean and modern, decked out in grey, lime green and white, the studio feels exclusive and yet is extremely inviting.

I was greeted by Mindi, working the front desk who was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. She even made stylish recommendations for combining pieces of the YAS workout wear line. All of which - I purchased. I will be sporting my skull sports bra and white YAS baby doll tank proudly!

Spin class was first ... taught by the regal, strong and confident Julie. Her instruction was precise, motivating and provided a great ride. Her self made music mix was inspiring and creative. I complemented her on her class and music after the ride, to which she responded by giving me her CD!! I was absolutely taken by her generosity ... very cool.

Next was Yoga for Athletes, taught by the lovely Gina. The YAS yoga studio has deep, richly pigmented floors, raw brick walls and stenciled, tinted windows of Kimberly in yoga poses. Gina's class flowed beautifully through a lovely sequence that first focused on standing poses, then balance, back bends, flexibility and inversions. Gina spoke in a perfect tone, with grace and presence. She played mostly mellow, classic rock that made the class fly by.

Needless to say, I could have stayed and taken classes all day. YAS is a studio full of good mojo. No pretentious, exclusive attitudes here! Just beautiful, fit, positive people.

Find out more and purchase Kimberly Fowler's DVD's to experience YAS at home here: http://www.go2yas.com/

(picture from: www.go2yas.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment