Thursday, April 22, 2010
Today is the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day!
Hard to believe this celebration of the planet we live on has been around that long!!
Amazing it took four decades for being "green" to catch on!
Better late than never - especially in this case!
Here are some ways for you to celebrate Earth Day ... while looking and feeling damn good!
1. Eat a predominantly plant based diet.
2. Compost the trimmings and waste from your mostly plant based diet.
3. Start using a reusable water bottle already!
4. Carpool, walk, bike or take public transport to work - even once a week!
5. Use organic, natural body products.
6. Use natural household cleaners.
7. Support your local co-op, farmer's markets and CSA.
8. Make a conscious effort to conserve water and energy.
9. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!!
10. Frequent thrift stores, resale stores, Goodwill, Salvation Army and garage sales for groovy clothing, household items, books and more to reduce your consumption and carbon footprint.
(image from: wallpaperstock.net)