Thursday, December 17, 2009
20 min Multi Directional Treadmill Workout
Forget repetitive motion!
Try this routine on a treadmill for 360 degrees of fitness fun!
Warm up for 5 minutes with a fast walk
1. Jog 2 min 1% incline 6.0 - 8.0 mph
2. Turn right and side shuffle 1 min at 0% incline 4.0 - 4.5mph (slower if you need to at first)
3. Turn left and side shuffle 1 min at 0% incline 4.0 - 4.5 mph (slower if you need to at first)
4. Turn backwards and jog or walk back wards 1 min at 3.5 - 5.5 mph (hold onto rails if need be)
5. Turn forwards and begin jog interval (#1) again, then side shuffles and backwards.
Repeat the five intervals 4 times for a total of 20 min.
Cool down and stretch.
(picture from: missingtheislands.blogspot.com)