Monday, November 16, 2009

Avoid the Inevitable Holiday Pudge


It seems unavoidable.

The inevitable holiday weight gain.

My strategy this year? It's twofold - literally.

First, I'm going to split my work outs to get at least two bouts of activity per day instead of one extended session. That will be twice the reminder not to sabotage my hard work by mindlessly eating and drinking too many calories. It will also shake up my muscles causing them to adapt to a new regime.

Yes - even in the time strapped chaos until January 1 - I am pledging to either split my workout into two parts performed morning and evening or add in an extra workout each day.

Second - I am going to repeat the mantra, "Taste everything - eat nothing" to be extra sure my calorie consumption stays in check while not feeling deprived. After all, what are the holidays without treats? But, one bite will have to suffice this year!

I refuse to let this amazing time of year expand my waistline!

How about you?

Are you up for the challenge?

(photo from: istockphoto.com)

1 comment:

  1. 2 a days? Impressive.

    I like the mantra idea. This year I am hosting an orphan vegan thanksgiving (vegans that want to not be around cooking) for some vegan friends.

    ReplyDelete