Thursday, February 18, 2010

UnRanch Dressing


Tonight was "Garbage Salad" night for dinner at my house.

We basically chop up a couple heads of organic romaine lettuce, whatever veggies are in the crisper or on the counter and then wield our knives on all of the leftovers in the fridge. Delish.

Everytime we have this salad, I watch my man drench his in good 'ol Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing.

Well, that stuff isn't being squeezed anywhere near my salad.

But, tonight I was craving the rich, creamy consistency ranch dressing offers.

So ... I created my own! It was so good ... mah boyeeeeeee even topped his garbage salad with MY version! VICTORY!!

Here is the recipe:

4 heaping tbsp lowfat cottage cheese
2 heaping tbsp greek yogurt
4 tbsp lowfat milk
1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp raw pepitas
1 tbsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos
1/2 tsp garlic powder
pepper to taste

Put all ingredients into a blender. Blend and serve. May store leftovers - if there are any in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment