Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Heart Fruit Cart


Living in Los Angeles for a decade, it was hard to miss or marvel at the "Frutas" stands. Metal carts with rainbow umbrellas, melons, cucumber, jicama, mango and pineapple sat on ice, were sliced and diced before your ices and served in a plastic bag or container with lemon, pico/chile and salt on top.

Ahhhh, those were the days.

But, I must say - I used to wonder where the fruit came from, how sanitary these carts were and just how "healthy" these seemingly innocent fruity snack was.

Well, a clever Los Angeles couple have started a "Frutas" alternative, The "I Heart Fruit Cart."

Here, they serve organic fruit, sliced up in a sanitary commissary and served in 100% recyclable containers."

Cool. It's compassionate "Frutas."

I'm totally there next time I'm in LA.

Check out the "I Heart Fruit Cart" here: http://iheartfruitcart.com

(image from: iheartfruitcart.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment