Monday, June 28, 2010

LaloFit


I discovered Lalo Fuentes while browsing the Yogavive (those popped apple chips I wrote about here: http://damn-ilookgood.blogspot.com/2010/06/yogavive-chips.html )featured athletes.

I promptly went to his website and was intrigued. I wrote the company requesting copies of his DVD's: "LaloFit Volume 1 & 2. They graciously sent me a copy of Volume 2, since Volume 1 is almost sold out.

After doing the hour long Volume 2 workout ... I know why!

Lalo Fuentes has produced a fabulous DVD that feels like having a personal trainer in your living room. Lalo has really captured the essence of what it feels like to be trained one on one in DVD format. He achieves this with a visual rep countdown in the upper right hand corner of the screen and a dual count down timer on the bottom that keeps track of how much total time has elapsed and how much time remains in the interval.

The work out consists of cardio/strength segments separated by thirty second breaks. The breaks are a highlight of the DVD, not only because the rest is well deserved, but motivational phrases flash on the screen such as< "Visualize the end result," "Build Confidence," and "I'm ready - are you?" SEEING these phrases was almost more powerful than hearing them. I loved this feature!

The exercises are challenging, from tons of push up variations, compound lower body movements and plyometrics. My favorite exercise is one I'd never seen before, the "bicep rotations."

Lalo incorporates his "freeze technique" throughout the video, which entails "freezing" for a moment at the top or bottom of a rep to connect mind and body.

Lalo's mellow cues are done in voice over, which allows the viewer to see Lalo REALLY doing the workout. It's nice to see him sweat and struggle ... just like I was!

The DVD includes a Spanish language option, a bonus music video and additional 15 minute workout.

The only equipment you need is a set of light weights (even Lalo is using 5's) and a mat.

I highly suggest adding these DVD's into your workout rotation. The workout is challenging,fun and effective.

Learn more and purchase LaloFit DVD's here: http://lalofitness.com/

(image from: lalofitness.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment