Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lucy Sprinter Sister Skirt and Contest


If you aren't a Lucy Activewear convert/addict yet, I implore you to get thee to http://lucy.com or to a store near you, try on ANY of their garments, see and feel the Lucy difference!

Their latest triumph in merging style, functionality, comfort and cuteness is the Sprinter Sister Skirt.

I had gotten an email touting the release of the Lucy Summer Collection and was intrigued by this unique take on the running skirt. I had dismissed the running skirt trend as just that - a trend and secretly wished it would just go away. But, there was something about the cut of the Sprinter Sister Skirt that opened my mind a bit.

Engineered from a combination of stretchy lucy flex fabric and moisture wicking lucy tech material, the skirt has a super flattering, totally wearable, pleated silhouette and majorly functional features like a reflective zip pocket in the back, an mp3 player pocket and a mesh ball pocket. You can be the MacGuyver of fitness wearing this adorable piece with a place for all your gadgets!

I requested to test the skirt and Lucy generously obliged, also sending me the matching Propel Tank.

Both items were love at first try on. Never did I imagine I would be a running skirt girl, but there is something about the way this garment makes you feel that is undeniable. Upon donning the skirt and tank I was more motivated to work out and show off my new fitness style!

I was super impressed with the functionality of the shorts under the skirt. No pinching, riding or rolling up - plus they totally enhance the athletic shape of my thighs, instead of squeezing my curves in an unsightly way.

My run was cool, dry, chafe free and totally uninhibited by the skirt. Same goes for the tank - no armpits were harmed in the use of this moisture wicking, quick drying, well cut top.

I have also taken the Sprinter Sister and Propel Tank to the gym. Squats and lunges have never looked so good.

Be sure to add the Sprinter Sister Skirt and Propel Tank to your workout wardrobe by shopping Lucy here: http://lucy.com

And ... as a Lucy bonus ...

If you are lucky enough to live near a Lucy store check out this amazing offer:

To kick-start summer training lucy is launching a new compete and win promotion with two ways to win! From now through the end of August customers who present a race bib get 20% off any full-priced lucy® item at any one of the brand’s 65 US locations. In addition racers who come in first, second or third dressed in head-to-toe lucy get a lucy Training Tank and Propel Bottom. Says Kira Karmazin, VP, Merchandising and Marketing, “lucy is all about inspiring performance—and in this case, we wanted to let racers know how inspired we are by them.”

lucy.com/competeandwin


(image from: lucy.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment