Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fitday


I can't begin to tell you how many clients I've had who tell me, "I don't understand why I'm not losing weight! I'm working out and I eat healthy."

I then ask them to keep a food diary, preferably on Fitday.com (http://fitday.com)so we can get some concrete information on exactly how many calories are being consumed daily.

Now ... the success of this depends on how honest the person is about how much and what they eat. I always urge people to hold themselves accountable and be honest with themselves if they truly want to accomplish their goal

Fitday is a free web application that allows you to enter in amount and type of food you eat and it records the nutritional information. The result is a fairly accurate calorie and macronutrient count that often reveals why or why not someone is successful at losing weight.

Most often, Fitday reveals that we eat far more total calories per day then we mentally account for.

This is a great tool for getting caloric intake under control - after all, you gotta take in less than you burn in order to get results! Fitday provides hard data you can plug into a daily equation to guarantee your success.

Want an eye opener?
Calculate your basal metabolic needs - how many calories you need per day to maintain your weight here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
Remember it takes a deficit of 3500 calories a week to lose one pound of fat. So, if you are trying to lose weight, you need to subtract 500 calories from that number.
Record all your daily food and drink in Fitday for a week and see how you are doing.

Use the information to help you achieve your goals!

(image from: bigstockphoto.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment