Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Thought


I've been on a pretty strict whole foods only diet lately due to a skin condition.

As I downed a smoothie made from Kale, carrots, 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup raspberries and flax oil, I thought to myself, "I wonder if anyone has ever gained weight to the point of obesity eating just fruits and veggies?"

(I assure you my diet consists of much more than that right now - but, I had to remove any all common allergens...)

I mean, if we're talking calories in, calories out ... would it be possible to GAIN weight eating only fruits and veggies ...no nuts, no grains ... so way more restricting than even a raw vegan diet. Perhaps if you ate 3000 calories a day of fruits and veggies and were sedentary?

I realize eating that much produce would probably be physically impossible and cause much gastrointestinal distress .... but,...

What do you think?

(image from: istockphoto.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment