Monday, March 22, 2010

Yerba Mate


I have a love affair with java. I luuuuuurrrrvve the smell of fresh joe in the morning. The sound of it percolating. The deep, rich, earthy liquid pouring into my oversized mug. Aaaaahhhhhh....

Fantasy over. Back to reality.

It's easy to OD on coffee in our Starbucks driven society. I was recently to told to cut back on my very minimal 1 - 2 cup a day habit.

So, I've switched to Yerba Mate for the last two weeks and I definitely notice a difference.

The best part of waking up? Yerba Mate in your cup!

Prepared like a tea and often sold in convenient tea bags, Mate is a species of holly native to South America (wikipedia.)

More reminiscent of green tea, Yerba Mate has a substance called Mateine that gives you pep instead of caffeine and therefore none of the jittery, edgy side effects of a strong brew of coffee.

You can drink Yerba Mate hot, iced or in any of the fancy, barista inspired versions you can think of like a Mate Latte!

I buy Guayaki Organic Yerba Mate bags at Trader Joes and am enjoying the "clean" stream of energy from this beverage.

Learn more about Guayaki Organic Yerba Mate here: http://www.guayaki.com/

(image from: guayaki.com)

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to check this out, I also have a love affair with Java. Thanks for the tip!

    .............
    love + luck + bliss,
    missysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this article I'm going to talk to you about a very different and, potentially, even more promising way to make money on Amazon. I'll explain how here is our favorite yerba mate on Amazon Associates works and look at whether or not it is as good as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete